View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 09:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Screen time is all about content. If the video is fast action and emotion stimulating, yes, it should be avoided. Video games are to be avoided.

The No Screens idea comes from high school athletes who get a concussion and are sent home where they have video games and get over-stimulated on video games or action flicks.

The simple rule is, If it causes any symptoms, don't do it or stop doing it and do something different.

Reading a book can be overstimulating as the eyes try to process a page with a thousand words on it. Some find that they can reduce reading over-stimulation by using a blank sheet of paper below and maybe above the few lines they are reading. Cut a window in a piece of stiff paper if this works.

Others create a self-fulfilling prophecy by doing something that they think they should not do and then looking for symptoms. Their anxiety about "Did I mess up by watching screens and make myself worse?" creates the problem.

Vision therapy will not solve this issue. Learning to moderate activities will. Changing activities frequently can be helpful.
But cant over stimulation cause these anxiety symptoms? Yesterday I made a effort to not look at screens at all and the anxiety was basically gone.

Also - when you say vision therapy will not solve - what if there are convergence issues. Could that not improve that type of issue?
stevegee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote