View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 12:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks (((((((((((( chemar )))))))))))))

The endo is extremely concerned. We explained what's going on to him (I don't guess OB let him know...argh), and his words, "Oh, that's not good. That's not good at all." He said that daughter should be very concerned. She's been being over-treated. She's hypothyroid...considerably.

He said she went from way high to pretty low and has been being over-treated with the PTU. He knew her levels were all over the place. Why did he wait another month to see her as opposed to two weeks???

He's taken her completely off the PTU (she was on 200 mg daily). I asked if he would turn around with this. He said he should...he hopes. I asked her OB LAST WEEK if the baby could be hypothyroid..."Oh no" was his response.

So now daughter's still very, very worried about her little guy and worried about going off the PTU (going "crazy" again, severe tachycardia, etc.)

The endo said there's a test they can do on umbilical cord to find out if he's hypothyroid and inject the meds right into amniotic fluid. Daughter's very scared about that. It's all scary and so very complicated.

Let's pray he makes an immediate turn around with PTU absent.

Much love,

KD

From the caterpillar emerged
~Strong in flight, beautiful to the eyes, movement laced with grace~
The butterfly
**KD**
</center>
kimmydawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote