View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 04:10 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanchine View Post
I read about Kratom for the first time only recently, did some reading and youtube viewing and ordered some. I've now tried it twice.

I should preface my comments by saying that I don't have pain, just increasing numbness and tingling. I also some years back had cancer and was on Oxycodone and Fentanyl during and after radiation treatment. So I have experience with opiods.

My first impressions are that Kratom is not dissimilar to a mild version of an opiod. I have a fairly high tolerance level for the latter, which probably mitigates the effect for me. It's definitely pleasant though. Euphoria, a feeling of well-being, a general full body sensation that, were I in pain, would probably help. It did definitely take my mind off the annoying tingly sensation in my hands and arms for a few hours, so that by itself is a good thing.

I've read that it can be addicting so I don't plan on using it every day or even more than a time or two a week. But as a little vacation from discomfort it's now in my toolbag. People who are truly agonized from PN would benefit, imho. Naturally you have to take your own situation into account before experimenting.
Hello,

I am new to this site so having a bit of trouble navigating around at present.

Is Kratom effective for helping with peripheral neuropathy pain?

Any particular strains better than others?

Does it make a difference using capsules or powder?

Thanks!
jmwaldhelm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote