View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 03:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi suzyt, and Welcome!

There are often long long waits for appointments with neurologists, I've noticed. I hope that when you finally have your appointment, there will be some helpful information coming your way.

You mentioned walking with bare feet. I have diabetes and was told (often) never to walk around barefooted or even with just socks on. This was hard for me to adjust to but over the years I've got used to always having shoes or at least substantial slippers on my feet.

The point is that if your feet are numb, you aren't going to notice it if something injures your foot. You might not notice it until you actually inspect your foot. Wearing shoes protects you from that kind of injury--which can turn into a serious problem pretty fast sometimes.

This suggestion won't help your symptoms to go away but maybe it will keep you from stepping on a tack or something else that could cause a problem.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote