View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 12:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Celiac or Lymes?

I was bitten by a tick a year ago and although I had very severe symptoms at the time (105 fever for 10 days and my limbs all curled up and were unusable), both my Western Blot and my Lyme Titre came back negative. My doctor said I must have had Ehrlichiosis because my Liver Enzymes went crazy and Ehrlichia attacks the Liver.

I took the 10 days of Dioxycyline and got over my fever and got the use of my limbs back. I haven't been right since. A year later, I've been diagnosed with Celiac Disease because the antibody test for gluten intolerance came back off the charts.

I have been adhering to a strict gluten free diet. I make all of my own food from scratch and I never eat out. The gluten related symptoms - abdominal swelling and abdominal pain - are gone. They are the only symptoms that are gone.

The problem is, all of my doctors seem to be ignoring my other symptoms. The ones that haven't gone away: numbness and tingling in my hands, feet and face, dizzy spells and light-headedness, tighness in my neck and throat, chest pains, chest tightness, heart palpitations (rare but when I get them its scary), trouble concentrating.

I read recently that many people positive for Lyme Disease develop Gluten sensitivity. I was bitten by a tick. I had the EM rash. I have had all of the short term and long term symptoms. It is because of deadbeat doctors that I am still struggling from day to day to live my life.

DON'T LET THE DOCTOR'S TELL YOU NO!! EVEN IF YOUR LYMES COME BACK NEGATIVE THERE ARE OTHER TESTS AND OTHER DOCTORS!!
NwYrkGrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote