View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 12:56 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The neck issue is well worth pursuing. The only problem is standard imaging is useless. The instability of a subtle neck injury is not imageable.

PT and chiro often trigger symptoms. PTs work on range of motion when the unstable upper neck is not ready for range of motion therapy.

Chiros like to do the Twist the head and pop the neck adjustment. That is too aggressive for an unstable neck.

My PT did gentle traction with gentle limited range mobilization and trigger point release to relax the muscles and allow spasms to let go.

A chiro I used did similar gentle treatment after very careful massage.

I had to do my part by minimizing stressing my neck by being very disciplined with head and neck posture, especially when sleeping or even just napping.

It took 2 years of discipline and gentle therapy before my neck was stable enough to not need to be so careful.

Early in the process, I had CT Scans and MRIs with no abnormal conditions noted. A special X-Ray series did find I have cervical ribs/false ribs. This was helpful to my PT as she worked to help my neck stabilize.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote