View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 03:04 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryjmak View Post
Hello TiredNWired. I am so sorry to hear yet another person has had an adverse reaction to the rabies vaccine. Sounds like you are going through a lot worse than myself, but there are many others who posted to this site that were or are dealing with major side effects like yours. I also came in contact with a stray cat, got scratched, told by PCP wound was healing and very low risk for the virus, no vaccine needed. But, my mind would not rest, anxiety building, and 16 days later I opted to get the vaccine. I got thru all the shots with minimal side effects.only light headed/dizzy and muscle aches. But within a couple weeks after last shot more obvious side effects started, continued muscle pains all over, sharp nerve pains, ice pick headache pains and the extreme FEAR THAT I HAD GOTTEN THE SHOTS TOO LATE. Panic attacks, anxiety) I am over 1 year out from my event (10/2019) and still have intermittent muscle aches and nerve pain, but I'm positive that given more time, these too will go away. Keep positive, take care of yourself...wishing you a full/complete recovery.
Thank you for reading my story and sharing your experience. I'm sorry we have experienced pain in common. I'm glad to hear that a year later you are doing better. I'm sorry that you still experience pain.

I am having a rough time lately. Almost a month after my last shot and I am cycling through new symptoms and the previous set ends. It was first a really bad constant headache for 2 weeks, and that got better. Then this round of upper abdominal pain like pancreatitis - except there was no evidence of it in tests. I now wonder if it's gastroparesis instead? And now, within the past two days, it's urinary retention time and not knowing when to pee. I am hardly producing urine and have lower abdominal pain.

The whole thing is weird. Like the Forest Gump line about life being like a box of chocolates and not knowing what you're going to get. I hope it gets better soon.
TiredNWired is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote