View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 04:20 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi Amanda, welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups.

I'm guessing that if it was 10 years ago you most probably had a full lymph node dissection? I have nerve damage in my arm from sentinel node (3 nodes) dissection during melanoma surgery from 2017, although it extends from underarm to elbow on the inside of my arm. It's not in my hand. It's not uncommon to have damage to numerous nerves during these dissection surgeries. Mine is damage to the Intercostobrachial nerve but is mostly numbness these days.

I haven't had chemotherapy. I did have around 10 days on Targeted Therapy, Dabrafenib and trametinib (I have BRAF mutation)but had severe side-effects and it was stopped, and now on Pembrolizumab Immunotherapy. Even the short duration of the targeted therapy caused rapid onset neuropathy toes to knees but has receded in the past 10 months and now is only in my feet to ankles. It is much better now, but over the past few months it seems to have hit a plateau though so not sure that it'll change much from now on.

Do you know what triggered the lymphoedema recently? That's such a pain for you after all this time. I hope you're able to get some relief from that.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Amanda2 (01-11-2021)