View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 06:05 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Attention Chronic neck/shoulder issues 6 yrs after ACDF

Hello, I'm a new member and am hoping to find people who may be having similar troubles, as I'm desperate for help. I had an Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion in 2014 and then did therapy to regain strength in my right arm. The myelopethy I was having stopped right after the surgery, so I know it was successful. However, ever since then I've had chronic problems with my neck and shoulders. All the muscles from my head, neck, shoulders, and some in upper back are stiff, sore, and often painful to the touch every day. I have headaches every day. Pretty sure my neck does not have the natural curve it's supposed to have. I see a pain management doctor who will only prescribe me Duloxetine and muscle relaxers, which help some but not near enough. I've tried EVERYTHING from several different types of pillows, different mattresses, every muscle rub/spray/gel out there, neck massagers, traction devices, etc etc. I just finished a treatment plan with an Airrosti therapist and had no improvement so I was discharged. I have now developed TMJ issues that I think are related and my jaw hurts all the time now too. I'm at my wit's end, I'm 37 years old and scared that I'm going to have to live this way for the rest of my life. HELP!
Chrissy1983 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote