View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 03:43 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

The official diagnosis is Chronic Idiopathic Polyneuropathy (CIP). I've had it for 30 years. Little research in this country. Researchers can only positively say the condition worsens with age, and it has. My feet are always numb, sometimes with extreme burning pain or pressure, accompanied by dizziness and brain fog. After radiation for prostate cancer, it got worse, going from chronic to acute, migrating throughout my body. Was it aggravated by radiation? Possibly, but the I in CIP sands for "idiopathic. Meaning medicos have no clue what causes it. There is as yet, no real treatments.

I went on a strict plant based diet for a year. It got worse. Medical marijuana--same results. Recently when it went acute causing anxiety, I called my psychiatrist who treats my ADHD. He immediately called in 10 mg. Remeron to help with sleep and diminished appetite and ½ mg Xanax 3X a day if CIP goes acute. My PCP upped Gabapentin to 600 mg. 3 times a day. Along with daily prayer and meditation, I haven’t had an acute case in over two weeks.
Wade Senior is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote