View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 11:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devondegenero View Post
A problem of mine is some of the people close to you have a responsibility to meet expectations of your. For example your parents are expected to care and nurture along with morals and your education . Your friends are expected to treat you with decency and respect. These expectations of mine have been ignored. With out support leads to failure. What do I do?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
Welcome, devondegenero--

It sounds as if some people aren't coming up to your expectations of them. It's too bad when people disappoint us but it isn't such a good idea to think too much about how they've disappointed us.

At least I've found that if I give people the benefit of the doubt, I'm almost always glad that I did. You can't always know just what problems another person is dealing with, can you?

If the person who is disappointing you is someone you've known for quite a while and who hasn't usually disappointed you, it's probably safe to assume that something was troubling or preoccupying that person, probably only temporarily.

There's also this, though: Maybe your expectations are unreasonably high? Is it possible that you're expecting too much of people?

If you are, there's a good chance that you're also expecting too much of yourself. Sometimes a good case can be made for lowering our standards....

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, since 12/16/20
"Thanks for this!" says:
caroline2 (01-20-2021)