View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 08:57 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Vegetarian Recipes

Preamble...

Adding a few favourite recipes. I've been eating vegetarian diet for quite some years now and it honestly took me a long time to adjust but nowadays it's second nature. Feel free to add to the thread if you want. Fresh ideas are always appreciated.

I cook all the time and I cook by the senses. I don't cook by exact quantities or times so I'm sorry if that causes any confusion.

I use some legumes already canned for recipes such as this one below, but other times I buy bulk dried. There seems to be a lot of general confusion or misunderstanding regarding vegetarian diets. To me it's a far more time consuming way of eating and there's a lot of effort put in to create a healthy balance and make sure I'm getting all the nutrients I need.

I do add a number of supplements to my diet.
Methylcobalmin to me is the most important.
I used to add B2 specifically as well, but over time I've found that I'm getting enough from the foods I eat and that's the important part for me.

I am on a treatment that relies on healthy gut microbiome and is particularly effective in some people and not others. It has been effective for me, so I'm sticking to what I've been doing.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote