View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 04:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just thought I'd chime in a little on my experience with a 7 1/2 year battle with idiopathic full body neuropathy. While I still don't know the exact underlying cause, I do know that with 100% certainty what goes in my mouth directly affects the severity of my symptoms.

I think there's little doubt at this point that my body is producing histamine in response to whatever it is I eat that it finds offensive now, and isolating the "whatever it is" has been a great challenge, but I've dramatically improved my symptoms avoiding the things I know are involved now.

I've had a full allergy work-up, and the only thing of interest that showed up was a high histamine level in my blood. I don't have any food allergies that resulted in an IgE response.

The fact that my problem is food-related is also why my symptoms worsened during the day, and I always felt best in the morning (and when I fasted).

While I'm still symptomatic, I'm at least relieved that I have some control over the severity of my symptoms.

janie
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (01-25-2021), Jane85 (02-06-2021)