Thread: Im concerned
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Gosh Flip,
I wish I could really remember the way Dr Togut explained it, I will give it a go.

In the chest wall , come nerves that branch from the brachial plexus bundle. When we breath, move or have an inflamation they are captured; they are irratated by the movement in that area, So the inflamed nerve, the chest rib cage, the clavacal etc, they have compression on already irratated areas so more inflamation happens.
That is were it comes from, but how to reduce?

Did you try maybe ice, I would put it under the arm pit area on the rhemboids that travel to the chest area. Also, if you get pain in the "hump" area on the upper back. The area women older get widow dowers humps.

WHen the nerve becomes irrataed, even from daily activities it flares, the muscle around it try to protect and make spasms. THe tight spasms, keep the bones from being in proper positions, They can pull them out of position, try to pull them out, and cause stress on all the structures. To calm it the cycle has to be broken. THe orginating factor is the irrated neve. Stop the activity if you are for example vacumming, then take an anti inflamatory, anti spams (I am given valium) and a pain pill. So my conconcution it percocette, for accute pain flare, the valium for the spasms, and toradol for the inflamation.

This keeps me from the ER. IF you pain is nearly that high; I would call PCP and see if he can give a shot of toradol. This instantly will bring down a flare. It is a strong kick butt asprin type anti-inflamatory. I get 10 for 90 days for flares.

When De would have a flare in the trapsizius it could travel down the back to hips and into lubar not to be able to move. A shot of Toradol at PCP kept us out of the ER. Also great relief by the time she was ready to stand up.

Another thing if you don;t have toradol, or Asprin and can toeralte it. I use biofreeze and lidoderm patches. Also, FOUR Advil! that is equal to perscription strength 800 mg.

The lidoderm patches I keep on the hump area when I get awake.

I hope you can feel better soon
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote