View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 07:17 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hey everyone

Hope you're all doing well.

I've had a few PMs and thought it would just be good to update on what's been happening.

In a few days it will nearly be the year anniversary (not a bloody good one ) of this thing, and things have definitely calmed down.

Whether the issue for me was structural or functional is not known, but not that significant in my case. Personally, I think there was some massive inflammation following a bad virus last year and it's taking time.

Recovery has been slow and very rocky, but it's at a point now where most days are a 0-2 out of 10, and the flare ups are generally limited to hours rather than an an entire day. It is by no means taking over my life like it was back in the early days, and more of a background nuisance now. I do feel eventually it is going to fizzle out and I think I am 80-90% of the way there.

I had a small flare up yesterday, and that was the first one I had got since January 9th, which is really encouraging. The gaps are getting longer now with any bad symptoms, whereas before I used to have them every other day or once every 3-4 days.

On most days I do notice it's still there and get very mild tingling/twitching/spasms, but not enough to bother me. The flare ups consistent of these symptoms being heighted as well as very transient prickling which generally lasts a second or two and can be anywhere, but mainly in the hands/feet.

I've been religiously tracking everything and have never really found a link between diet and symptoms. The only things which seem to exacerbate my symptoms slightly are cold and lack of sleep.

I'll update again in another 2-3 months but I am happy with the progress and so is my neuro.

Happy to answer any questions if anyone has any!
LeedsLad84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote