View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 10:15 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Bright lights and nausea

Kia ora, this is my first post on NeuroTalk,
And I have a simple question, which I'll begin with a wee bit of background. During a bad stint of vertigo (ongoing), I hit my head, face-on, in early December and was concussed.
I'm a huge music lover and have been to literally hundreds of concerts in my life.
On Saturday I went to a big concert (it's OK, I live in NZ, so we can do this) and, for the first time, I was absolutely floored by the bright lights and strobing effects, even though I as wearing sunglasses (at night).
I felt myself feeling sicker and sicker, until I realised I was close to throwing up. I turned around, did some deep breathing and mental calming exercises. I spent most of the concert with my back to the stage.
Also, my balance was completely thrown. As I lurched off to the loo, a woman nearby laughed because she thought I was drunk. I had to explain I had vertigo.
Has anyone else become extremely sensitive to bright lights, to the point of wanting to vomit, following a concussion? Also, balance - have bright lights affected your balance too?
If so, did the light sensitivity disappear as you healed?
Be great to hear from someone with experience.
Kind thoughts,
Wetawoman
Wetawoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote