View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 11:11 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Help Post-concussion vision

Hello all,

I discovered this forum earlier today and am very grateful! I suffered a minor concussion a month ago (accidentally ran into a metal pole and then fell back and hit the back of my head). I didn’t pass out but I went to A&E where they did an X-ray and watched me for a few hours. Luckily no fractures, just a soft tissue injury. Sent me home that evening with no information whatsoever.

Since then, I’ve noticed I have some vision issues. I did get my eyes checked twice and they’re healthy (according to OCT scans) so I assume the issue is with my brain. At first, it felt like my eyes weren’t communicating properly and although I didn’t see double or had any blurry vision, something felt very odd, like I couldn’t focus properly. This has gotten better in the last week or so (except for when I am tired). But recently, I also noticed that I see small halo/starbursts around streetlights and around the fairy lights in my room. I have astigmatism and a lazy left eye so I do normally wear glasses, but I never saw halos before. They don’t really bother me when I drive and I only notice them when I look at lights, but I definitely didn’t have this before.

Has anyone had any similar experiences and does it get better? I feel better overall, but am anxious about these vision changes.

I’ve also tried to manage my anxiety better. I try to rest (the only otter post concussion symptom that I have is fatigue and irritability), limit caffeine intake and I’ve cut out alcohol. I’ve also started taking some supplements such as omega-3, magnesium, vitamin D, and a B vitamin complex. I also take turmeric tablets twice a day and I try to eat well.

I try to remind myself that this takes time and that even though I didn’t lose consciousness, I can’t expect to just bounce back as it nothing happened.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I’m sorry if this post is repetitive or if I’m posting stuff that has already been covered.

Many thanks,

Merope
Merope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote