Old 02-01-2021, 03:54 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailveronica View Post
Update:

I saw my neurologist this morning, and after a thorough exam, she believes my issues to stem around vascular insufficiency rather than with a neurological root. Vascular insufficiency can lead to nerve pain, due to lack of blood flow and swelling. Which I do have on that one leg (varicose veins, a bit of Raynaud's suspicion) - so that makes sense.

Because it's so isolated, she does not think there's any cause to assume systemic disease, even with my higher than normal SED / CRP numbers, as those can be attributed to PCOS/obesity.

She's referring me to a vascular surgeon, and if that is uneventful, to an ankle orthopedist to assess for structural issues that are causing referred nerve pain from ankle area to toes.

The pain is searing - but only in the one foot. I can tap my ankle or just accidentally touch it when putting on socks, and the pain refers down to the top of my foot near my toes, and it's intense. But that's RIGHT where my swelling occurs... so I guess, while I don't have answers yet, I feel like I'm on the right path.

Thanks for bearing with me, y'all. The internet is a scary place when medical issues go unanswered!
One of the major health issues Grape Seed Extract addresses is Vascular Insufficiency and I'm trying to find links on this and not coming up, WHY?, I have no clue, it always has come up. I've been taking Grape Seed Extract for over 25 yrs and my veins are good.

So do some searching and I will do some later on this, why it's not coming up, boggles my mind.
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gailveronica (02-01-2021)