View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 04:03 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Thank you for replying!

Yeah i’m definitely more aware of my vision now than I was before. I went to two different optometrists in the space of two weeks: the first one, three days after my injury, and the second one, a couple of weeks later. Both performed various tests and OCT scans. The first one asked me if I see more floaters than usual and I said no, although it must have affected me psychologically because after that appointment, I immediately started noticing floaters and couldn’t stop focusing on them—so much so that I convinced myself I had retinal detachment! So that prompted a second visit to a different optometrist, two weeks later. I described my injury to her and she performed a few scans (including a second OCT) on my retina and eye pressure etc. The findings were normal both times.

The starbursts are there both with and without my glasses and they are in both eyes. I doubt I would have noticed them had I not become so paranoid about my vision. I spend so much time just looking at my floaters, moving my eyes around, performing checks against white walls/lights etc. I feel like I am going slightly mad. I suffer from health anxiety and I feel like this post concussion syndrome has provided a minefield for my angst.
Merope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote