Thread: Odd diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 09:19 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Odd diagnosis

Hi I am new here so I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this since I wasn't given a name of the problem I have but I am assuming it's peripheral neuropathy:

So 6 weeks ago, I was sitting in my chair, and suddenly i felt simultaneous tingling sensation in both my calves for whatever reason; it was really small spot, which i didn't mind too much, but in a a day, it evolved into some vibrating, and buzzing sensation.

It was so bad that the floor feels like it's shaking. I also felt shaking on my butt when i sit down, and or lay on my back, and i feel shaking on my thighs too if i lay on them.

Eventually the crazy buzzing in my calves went away, most of the shaky floor sensation too, but there are now sporadic tingling, buzzing, and twitches on calves, and I also get this pulse link sensation at the bottom of my feel that makes the floor feel like it bounced a bit. But the thighs, and butt still have those tremoring sensation.

Around this time I was finally referred to a Neuro, who order a NCS. Got back to me 2 days ago, and told me that I had some nerve damage at the ankle, and heels of both leg.

Okay, I buy that, I also asked about the sensation in my thighs and butt as well, and I was told that is also caused by the nerve damage as well, so I was given Gabapentin to manage pain and heal the nerves. Funny thing is i didn't even feel pain in my ankle, just occasional buzzing, until like yesterday, so that was odd.

But overrall, I don't quite understand how nerve damage at the heels and ankles can cause such widespread sensations, from the feet all the way up to the butt cheeks.

Just curious if any of you had some similar stories where you had nerve pain in one area but let to a chain reaction of sensations in the connected limbs.
newbie69 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote