View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 11:17 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Confused New here need support.

Hello, I have been lurking here for awhile. My husband has had symptoms of MG since April of 2020.

His symptoms started a few months after being very sick with a respiratory virus. Cough never went away, then came sleepiness. He started talking like he was drunk in the afternoon, if he took a nap it would mostly go away.

He experienced just that all summer, then in Oct started choking alot. He would clear his throat alot, and end up gagging and liquid would come out of his nose.

He just recently went to the hospital after a bad choking on the side of the road.

He had ct scans, mri, bloods, and a swallow scan. The neuro said probably MG. His antibody test showed 0 binding, 13 blocking. They didn't do the anti musk.

So his pcp said he definitely doesn't have MG. I think the pcp is wrong. He says that test is the gold standard. I am reading that a small number of people are seronegative.

His symptoms are mostly bulbar, however he has one droopy eyelid, no weakness in the legs or arms.

My biggest fear, is they won't dig and he has a weak cough and choking. So while they are busy looking for other things he is hovering near a crisis. I'm not a doctor, but I'm irritated with his pcp for just writing it off after the negative antibody test. He's now on to ms which I think is less likely (no lesions)

Have any of you had this happen?
Bearsmommy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (02-02-2021)