View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 08:30 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Neuropathy & stiffness?

Back in September I woke up and lost sensation to my lower body, arms felt weak. There was also heaviness in my neck. My balance was also affected. There was severe dizziness as well that persisted for about 3 weeks. It always affected both sides equally. After the numbness began to subside, I began dealing with body wide jerking (wrist, legs, whole side of body). Similar to myoclonus jerks. Currently, about 5 months later, the major symptoms have subsided and I'm now dealing with numbness in my hands (feels like wearing a glove) and stiffness in my fingers. Occasionally the numbness even goes up my entire arm.. both sides. My fingers will lock up for a couple seconds and then release quite often. This is affecting my writing and typing. My hands just feel off.

Also have tingling in fingertips and toes that is pretty consistent. Toes were cramping at one point.

I have seen my primary care doctor (who suspected MS) which was a whole anxiety inducing experience until I had the MRI done ruling that out. I finally got in with the neurologist last week and I have an EMG/NCV scheduled in a month. I realize anxiety is a contributor to making the symptoms worse, but I feel like it's not the cause. My symptoms severity seem to vary day by day. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.
PatAttack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote