View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 12:48 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merope View Post
Thank you all so much for your informative replies.

OCD floaters and a pain...especially considering that my eye health tests were fine. I need to learn to ignore them again and give my brain a break.

My pupils are ok! I got them checked in the ER twice (25 days apart) and by my housemate the other day. They react the same way and I have no other visual symptoms apart from the slight starburst like halos around strong white lights (but not around yellow softer lights or traffic lights).

Just an update! I panicked and went back to the optometrists and asked for an eye health exam. Everything came back fine/healthy. Eye pressure, retina etc. They did another OCT and a slit lamp exam and had a good look—nothing wrong with my eyes. The filaments I see around lights could be a result of my astigmatism. I don’t remember lights looking like that before my concussion, so I assume the problem is with my brain rather than the eyes. Since it’s nothing serious or nothing that actually affects me on a day-to-day basis (unless I obsess which I often do and end up staring at lights like a mad person) I will try to stop focusing on it. It’s only been a month, maybe my brain just needs more time to heal and these random starbursts will get better/disappear.
Merope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote