View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 01:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana123 View Post
That is so amazing! I'm so glad it's working for you.

So once you have the DRG do you still take meds for CRPS or no? I'm a bit confused as to how all of that works. Mine has spread so far that I'm apparently not a candidate anyways but curious none the less.
I'm sorry...it's been quite a while since I visited this page.

I don't take meds for my CRPS except that I use Lidocaine patches and heat patches as needed. Unfortunately I had bad side effects from most of the common ones that offset the minimal relief they gave me and narcotic pain meds don't seem to touch my CRPS pain at all (but they help for acute pain like when I was recovering from surgery).

I still use the Lidocaine patches and heat patches for my CRPS but it's mostly in the areas that the stimulator doesn't help. My upper left leg, left shoulder, and both my forearms are the most common places I need to use the patches.

The stimulator has been life changing in terms of the functionality it has given me back....but I still have the pain 24/7 and in the areas that the stimulator doesn't help it's still a baseline of 8/10...so it's still rough. But I am so grateful for the relief I have gotten from the stimulators.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
annabanana123 (02-08-2021)