View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 11:05 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I tried the ROOs test, i couldn't really do it for longer than a minute. But that would be a hard test for anyone. I am not super athletic, but i do workout a lot. I can do 15 pull-ups on average so i know my shoulder and lat strength is decent. I am still doing research.

On a side note, I haven't had any alcohol since December 15th. I started drinking a bit more when COVID hit, mostly after work. Things after 2 weeks started to get better, but then got worse again. So i am not sure if the alcohol was a main factor, but it seems to definitely contribute to some of the problems.

I was really hoping to hear if other people with PN experience the same things i have been with all the weakness, coordination and grip issues. It sounds like i will be getting a skin biopsy (punch test) in March, which is good news. The EMG/NCS came back normal, minus my right arm (slightly off) which is where i am having most of the issues lately. I also had some sort of injury back in the day from baseball with my right arm and the pain/throbbing does feel reminiscent of what i remember, but now it won't go away and seems to be getting worse, even after multiple ice sessions, etc. I read that EMG/NCS can usually tell well ahead of time if nerves are experiencing issues before the human even realizes its a problem, so i am hoping with the EMG/NCS test i had, that is good news. I am just grasping for straws and trying to eliminate the progressive stuff from my head, but once something get's in there, thanks to Dr. Google, it's nearly impossible to let go of it.

Thank you again for everything. This group is really the only outlet i have as i don't have anyone else i can talk to. I need to find a doctor that cares. I will look into a DO, but the problem is i just moved to a very small town and i'm sure anyone worth going to is hours away.
Nemini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote