View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 07:35 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatAttack View Post
Yeah it's all very strange. Makes you wonder if you're exposed to something to trigger it. I've noticed alcohol can at times make it worse... but caffeine and stress really trigger mine. The first couple months were definitely the worst of it. I'll be following along with your tests to stay updated. I'll likely be going down the same path. I hear that the emg/ncv is for large fiber and skin biopsy for small. If they suspect neuropathy, I'll keep pushing. I feel like if we just had answers as to what is happening, maybe it could relieve stress and allow us to work towards getting back to 100%. Show me evidence of what is wrong with me.. if not, rule out nerve damage ya know? As I said, things have improved, but still feeling 70-80%. I've looked through many posts and yours seems the most similar to mine.. even same time frame. We're gonna stay positive and work through it. I'm sure everything will pass in time
Some weeks things seem pretty bleek, like the past two weeks have been pretty rough. I dread weaking up and trying to step out of bed and not being able to stand or randomly dropping stuff due to grip strength. That's where the real fear lies, is with this not getting any better.

Does anyone have more insight into the EMG/NCS tests and truly what that means? This was also 6 months ago, but a month after I started having all the tingling and numbness, etc. Dr. Google isn't the best at saying what it rules out and what it doesn't.
Nemini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote