View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 11:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, gailveronica,

I'm sure you're tired of dealing with intense pain such as you describe. Nobody here is an MD, and I can't say whether you have peripheral neuropathy or something else. The important thing is to find a way for you to get rid of the pain, and I hope that you will find that way soon.

If the doctors are taking too long, you might want to try doing things a bit differently and see if that makes a difference. Maybe you've already tried this a million times, but in case you haven't, sometimes if we look carefully at how we typically stand, walk, sit, and lie down during a typical day, we find that there are some little changes we can make that make pain subside.

Compared to you I'm an old bat and have quite a few aches and pains due to MS/arthritis/aging. Sometimes the pains are bad enough to send me to a doctor, and that usually leads to physical therapy sessions. But most times if I just wait it out and treat with hot or cold gelpacks plus maybe aspirin, and changing the way I do things somewhat, I can get rid of the pain.

So look carefully at how you sit or stand or walk, even the type of shoes you wear. Shoes can make a HUGE difference.

It's possible that the doctors can't put a name on what is causing your pain. They don't know everything. Sometimes you just have to work on it yourself and come up with a way of getting rid of it--and that is more important than the name of it, it seems to me.

I'm not suggesting you give up on the doctors. But keep trying on your own to find ways of relieving that intense pain. Coping with constant pain can be very tiring as I'm sure you know.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, since 12/16/20
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (02-17-2021), gailveronica (02-15-2021)