View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 02:12 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyt View Post
Had my 2nd appointment with Neurologist and he did another EMG and the measurements were the same after 2months. Talked about what I described as it progressing to the point where I can feel it all over. He didn’t seem bothered about this and said sometimes the brain tricks the body. I have to get some more blood tests and chest X-ray to eliminate other factors which he didn’t elaborate. I go back in 6 weeks.

As I read what I have written it sounds like he was not that good but I feel more comfortable now about things. He did talk about sensory neuropathy and I am a bit confused about the difference. Anyone have any ideas?
Hey suzyt,

Glad to see you got to see your neurologist. I copy and pasted this from the link below. The link is fairly comprehensive.

Type of Nerves

1. Motor
2. Sensory
3.Autonomic

Motor nerves control the movement of all muscles under conscious control, such as those used for walking, grasping things, or talking.

Sensory nerves transmit information such as the feeling of a light touch, temperature, or the pain from a cut.

Autonomic nerves control organs to regulate activities that people do not control consciously, such as breathing, digesting food, and heart and gland functions.

Peripheral Neuropathy Fact Sheet | National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke

Best wishes

Attty
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (02-17-2021)