View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 07:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana123 View Post
Wow CRPSbe, that's crazy!! I can't believe that. In the US all complaints have to be thoroughly investigated. But we mostly get generics because insurance companies don't want to pay for brand name. I only ever get brand name when there's no generic available or a shortage on the generic. And then I pay double or more even though it's not my fault. Welcome to US healthcare LOL.

How is Belgium for pain management? I actually had a rather pleasant experience with a hospital outside of Bruges when I broke my foot on holiday.It was like night and day from US hospitals - I had to pay some small amount up front and then they tracked me down in the US and refunded all but the equivalent of $50 USD. Here an ER visit is thousands and usually at a bare minimum you're paying $250 in copays.

Anyways, sorry, tangent - do y'all have good pain management for CRPS or chronic conditions? It's a dream of mine to move to Belgium or the Netherlands some day and I've had a few work opportunities to do so but hesitate not knowing what the situation with opioids is over there.
Yeah, what can I say. OTOH we have generalized health care, OTOH we are taxed to death (like a family where both parents work, they pay 50/60% taxes on their income). All to keep the entire social structure alive, including health care.

But still, I do pay €120-150 per month on medications, out of pocket, with the social / health care system in place!

I went on a pain management program 2004, had my accident and the start of CRPS in 1995. So... it took a while.

But nowadays, I feel that patients are faster referred to pain management and that CRPS is also discovered way faster than it used to be. Whether or not you get adequate pain management really depends on your individual situation. But they aren't anti-strong pain medicine when it is *genuinely* needed, but this also depends doctor to doctor.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote