View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 03:46 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi again Sean,
Please go easily with the Co-codamol. It's not so much the dose of the codeine, which isn't too high yet, but it's the paracetemol. Depending on how much you're taking, those 500mg of paracetemol can quickly add up and cause problems, especially on the liver. Plus if taking it for headaches all the time, people can actually get rebound headache when it stops.

It's a shame the Propranolol caused such a severe reaction. I have read that it can do that in rare instances. It can be a very helpful medication with few side effects for most people. I am prescribed Propranolol for social anxiety on a prn "when needed" basis. My daughter as well although hers was prescribed originally when she was having classes at uni where she needed to speak in front of everyone.

Are you still studying or working at all?

It's difficult when doctors can't name an illness and just take it all away. You have so many symptoms and it must be very difficult for you. I personally wouldn't give up on the ME/CFS route though, but that's just because I've seen what my daughter has gone though and still struggles with it all to this day.

There may be no specific "cure" for these syndromes (PVS or ME/CFS) IF that's what is going on, but there certainly are ways that doctors can help. If for some reason along the way a doctor suggests CBT, then that's actually a good thing. Well, it certainly helped my daughter a lot to get moving again.

Don't give up on study even if you just do one course and that's online. You're obviously smart and it would be a shame to stop everything as hard as that might seem right now.

Rest when you need rest. Get help with your sleeping problems. I see that's addressed in the CFS information and it's a big issue to start with as that restless sleep pattern is very unhelpful.

bacme.info |
British Association for CFS/ME

PDF-BACME working group on severely affected
Quote:
in people who are severely affected, we recommend testing for Vitamin D due to poor sun exposure, and B12, Folate, Ferritin levels if the patient has eating difficulties or poor nutition
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SeanQHX1 (02-23-2021)