View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 10:08 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenW View Post
I am a 21 year old 6 foot male weighing 170 pounds. I suffer from post concussion syndrome caused by a lifetime of contact sports (quit when I was 17) and a reckless crazy childhood.

Some thing I have been doing lately is skating. Are used to play hockey so I am very good at it and there is not much risk for me falling and hitting my head if I’m just skating alone in circles on a rink. What I am worried about is that lately I have been skating more intensely and picking up the speed as my body gets more used to it, today I went for a long skate while I was skating very fast and intensely.This kind of skating involves a lot of head swaying and hard foot stomping(similar to running) and is very rigorous, your head gets jarred and moves around quite a lot. When I stopped skating today I felt kind of sick, a little headachy and a out of it.

Is this causing additional damage to my brain or should I continue doing this? The pros are it helps my anxiety to sweat and get my heart beat up but obviously I won’t do this If it’s causing additional brain damage. Maybe I should go to the hospital?

Thanks a lot
Wear a helmet, be careful?....I have not skated in over 14 years, the fun and freedom I understand!
I would not recommend to anyone learning to skate after a head injury but if you know how to well I cant see harm. IMO
davOD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote