View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 01:26 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Question Spinal stenosis with severe leg pain

I am a 64 yr old woman in relatively good health other than the Spinal Stenosis, DDD and arthritis. I was injured in an auto accident in 1992 and my life has never been the same. I've had 2 neck surgeries and 2 back surgeries and now dealing with severe stenosis with unbearable pain going down both legs but predominantly my right leg. I underwent an outpatient surgery to have a titanium spacer, actually 2 of them, placed between the damaged vertabrae in hopes of that relieving the pressure on the nerves in my spinal column. I was pain free for almost 6 months then it was if someone flipped a switch and the pain came back worse than before. My pain Dr. didn't have much to say after that except that we could try injections again although that did not work to begin with. I'm so discouraged and so very depressed with this situation. I have no life other than work, thankfully I work from home on my computer. I can't even enjoy playing with my golden retriever because I can't walk more than 10 feet before I have to sit down...the pain is so severe it takes my breath away. I feel like I'm 110 yrs old and just plain miserable. I welcome any info or suggestions on this subject. I just can't accept that this is what my life will be like until I die... we can put people on the moon...there should be a remedy for this!!
SailinJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote