View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 08:16 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

Hello,

I have tried many of the suggestions that you have offered and I thank you for those. Grape Seed Extract for about a year. Inosine and Bovine Myelin and others. I believe that diabetic neuropathy is different from surgery or radiation, but I am not sure how they differ. I had the neuropathy before I knew I was diabetic. I was eating the wrong foods for me. Not too much sweets, but carbs, like pasta, flour, noodles, refried beans and rice to name a few. The neuropathy started spreading rapidally about 2 years ago after a high A1C. 7.9. Spreading because one day it is in many areas, the next day, new areas are hit with the pain. So even though my blood sugar is in good control now, A1C 6.4, I am paying for the bad sugars from many years ago. But now the pain is lessening. Perhaps to better diabetic control. As the nerves get more damage, some of pain subsides. It is new areas that get the most severe pain. So quite a bit of numbness is setting in, but with less pain overall. Because there is so many area affected, reversal I think would be an uphill battle. So pain control is what I am focusing on. These are the reasons that I hesitate to try HBOT. I am not using GSE now since I did not feel it helped me. But I can get back on it.

In addition, neuropathy is usually the more severe the longer the nerves have been exposed to the high blood sugar. I feel I fall into that catagory.

Sincerely,

JKPHOTO

Last edited by JKPHOTO; 02-28-2021 at 08:37 PM.
JKPHOTO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote