View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 11:22 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default About status March

I turn 70 tomorrow. My health has declined further. But I meet one of the 2 required criteria for being still in my apartment. First is walking well enough to get to toilet and moving around . Have tripod cane and walker if necessary. 2nd need to be breathing well enough to move around and lay for sleep. If one of those get close to failure I go to ER. Thank Heaven since visit in August this has worked resulting a steroid shot of solumedrol 125. The 2nd time in December I even got someone who knew Myasthenia well enough to be very supportive and want to monitor my breathing for 24 hours. Who knew Covid would help me get somewhat better treatment tho I don’t have it. My oldest daughter is 50 and is primary help tho not medical person. But she is a project manager for big company so has other skills. Doesn’t want to help with shower tho and boy I need one! We meant with my Caseworker for my Elderly voucher by phone to do a final push on getting new homecare in place as my last care giver visit is the 15th. Of course my declining breathing and chest issue out weighs all of the other stuff. I know I should do letters of goodbye to my family. There is a new issue in my chest besides Myasthenia. Been there at least July last year. They said at ER my CT was ok but they looked for blood clot. I want that scan to go to the pulmonologist with other new blood work and poor oxygen at to my Mayo Clinic pulmonologist. Him I trust but been too difficult to get there. Apologize for the length. Got a lot pent up. Sculptor44
Sculptor44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote