View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 01:29 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Any advice or help welcome

Hi everyone,

I sustained my first concussion when I was 18 in a bad snowboarding accident. It took me about 9/10 months to recover from the initial accident but I fully recovered. I am now currently 22 years old and am a senior in college. In those 4 years I have suffered many blows to the head. I have lost count of how many concussions I have had... maybe 6-8. However, unlike my first one, they all resolved very quickly with the worst being around 2 weeks. Some only gave headaches for 2/3 days.

Unfortunately, however, a little over a month ago I sustained another concussion that hasn’t healed yet. I am worried about this one and how long the Process will be. I am also worried about the long term effects of all of these hits to the head.

In the past 6 months, even before the most recent concussion, I have noticed some cognitive problems. I feel like I constantly lose my train of thought, forget peoples names, and find socializing harder. I noticed school has gotten harder as well, but I am about to graduate with an engineering degree so it has been difficult along the way.

I start my first job in engineering in July. I am worried I am not going to be able to perform to my best ability. This most recent concussion has made my anxiety about the future debilitating. When will I stop hitting my head? Will I ever fully heal? Am I at risk for CTE? To put it bluntly, I am very scared.
Lance__ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote