View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have a few questions for noname....Exactly how many years have you had TOS? Also if you have had any surgeries for TOS or RSIs? I am somewhat offended and have become defensive myself by some of your comments regarding how TOS patients don't try PT and elect to pop pain meds rather than work to not fix-but improve their symptoms. There are exceptions to every generalization and assumption.
I went through a year of PT before finally agreeing to surgery. I have bilateral neurogenic and vascular arterial TOS. The first rib was removed in April of 06 , left side, and the pain level has decreased considerably and by the way-my surgery was OUTPATIENT, not to mention the prior surgeries for bilateral CTS, radial nerve release, tennis elbow release, and bilateral cubital tunnel releases, followed by a cast from my armpit to my fingertip-straight out-not bent- for 2 weeks following surgery. So of course you can believe that I'm pretty familiar with pain and the management thereof. I can now function without a lot of pain meds but I also can't do anything! Some of the best TOS surgeons in the country will tell you that you are NOT cured of TOS by removing the rib. Symptoms are vastly improved. That is of course, as I'm sure you know, subjective to each and every individual and their course of treatment whether it be surgery, PT, and meds as needed or all of the above.
TOS takes your life as you know it away and one is forced to transition accordingly.
sandy1955 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote