View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 11:44 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernlights300 View Post
I have both cervical and lumbar stenosis at multiple levels each. I’ve lost control of function below the waist once but since functioned returned within 24 hrs it was determined that surgery could wait.
<snip>
The pain is referred over the butt and down both legs.
<snip>
I joined the support group last night because I’m just overwhelmed right now. I’m also wondering if the loss of control below the waist was actually due to the lumbar stenosis or the cervical stenosis.
Welcome to NeuroTalk Support Groups, Northernlights.
You must be in so much pain.

I snipped some of your message and quoted it above. What you are describing sounds as if it's a medical emergency and not something that can wait, Covid or not.

Quote:
But in the last two days I had full body immobility for a couple minutes followed by left side facial and left arm numbness and immobility for an hour the one night
Another big red flag for me is when you write

Quote:
I am monitored for a couple cancers including lung cancer due to some growths. Covid has caused surgery to be postponed multiple times
Who is looking after you for all that and when was last PET scan?

When are you being flown to nearest hospital? You seem to have many different conditions affecting you at once. (edited to add: I re-read your message and you're off to the doctor for Covid vacc. I sure hope you got time to talk to them about these other very serious sounding problems going on right now)

I tried to upload a Spine map but it was too small to read so I removed it.
This image is large enough to read on this post from Jomar in Spinal forum.

https://www.neurotalk.org/1291179-post12.html

Regarding "loss of control below the waist" and "pain down both legs"

It would not be good to leave something so serious for too long. Have you heard of Cauda Equina Syndrome? If you check the link below and anything there sounds as if it pertains to your situation right now, then it is certainly an emergency also.

Cauda Equina Syndrome – Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatments

Last edited by Lara; 03-27-2021 at 12:28 AM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote