Thread: Mad As Hell
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 06:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

On the upside....Fibro has a PSA
I had never heard of Fibro until a few years ago when a friend got it and even then I thought it was really rare because I never heard anything about it except from her.
First time I ever heard of RSD was my own diagnosis ..... information needs to come from a grassroots campaign.
I have been in Alanon (friends and family of alcoholics) for 11 years. When we did community outreach it was a real hands on event. Bringing PSA's to TV and radio stations, talking to schools, hanging flyers...etc.
My husband is taking me to my first RSD support group meeting in August. It is an hour away. I am not in a small town so it seems ridiculous that we don't have one here. My plan is to get information so that I can start a support group in my own town.
From there I plan to do as I learned in Alanon....find the PSAs get the information out to the public....start at home. Maybe I can turn some of this frustration and pain into something positive.
Fibro used to be considered an all in your head disease....education is what turned it around. If we all started in our own communities we wouldn't need the big tv shows and one shot deals. It has to start somewhere
Jeanne
NikonKid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote