View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 09:36 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Seeking advice on neuromuscular symptoms

Hello all and thank you in advance for reading. I am a 53 year old Male..
Forgive my sentence structure. I'll try to condense this the best I can.
In Oct of 2020 thumb twitch. Soon twitching moved all over body keeping me up at night. Seen Dr he said anxiety and proscribed Zoloft.
Symptoms continued to get worse. Seen an old school neuro. First appointment I could find. Did physical test. Said no signs of ALS.
Symptoms continued getting worse. Muscle loss all over, body jerks, face twitching, under eye twitching, lip tingling and moving, ringing and fluttering in ears, some throat issues with weird feelings and sounds in my throat.
Neuro agreed to see me again. Did an EMG on arms/shoulder. Said only a mild case of Carpal tunnel.
Continued to get worse. I was referred to UVA. Physical test. Said he seen no signs of ALS/MS.
Continued going down hill. Much more muscle loss all over. All day all over twitching. Wave like fluttering motions in some Muscles when engaged.
I was a very athletic person. Very muscular and in great shape. I know my body and it just doesn't feel or act right.
Main muscles seem to still be strong. Surrounding muscles are leaving fast and shaky.
2 months later UVA agreed to see me again. Another physical test.( Passed) Because of twitching and muscle loss he wanted to do an EMG/NCS that day. Left arm/ leg. It turned out neg. Other than Carpal tunnel. (Can an EMG miss something, with visible muscle loss in those areas?)
I still have strength but seem to be getting more unstable. Still lots of daily twitching and weird body jerky motions. Muscles flex very weird as well. Joint muscles popping and sore and rib cage feels strange often.
Some throat issues are still present like saliva is going to go down the wrong whole. I can swallow food still.
Muscles are way off. I can balance on one foot but you can see the muscles really fighting to get stability.
I'm just wondering what else it could be? I hate to keep pestering Dr's since I had a clean EMG. (I read conflicting reports on those as well).
Not sure what else can be done. I'm at a loss. I welcome any advice or suggestions to help me find solutions. Thank you very much for your time.
Foodguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote