View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 10:14 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hi my name is Samantha and I’m 56 years old I just had my pain pump put in five weeks ago . I thought I was really prepared because I have fought for so long to get the pain pump , I’ve had everything you can think of injections, Stimulator , spinal surgeries tons of pain meds and nothing worked so finally five weeks ago and they put the pain pump in. I was surprised that I thought I had learned everything I knew about having the pain pump put in about how it would work and I was so wrong. I was not told that the pain pump would not even be turned on for two weeks and that I also needed to try to get off the pain medicines that I have been on for years before they would put the pain pump in that was quite difficult because I was already in excruciating pain. I go every week to have the pain pump turned up by 20% now that’s not 20% of 100% it’s just 20% it is a very slow process she said some people take up to nine months or even longer getting it where it needs to be , now mind you they never told me any of this and was unable to find any of this information on the web . I also found out through trial and error that if they turn it up too fast it will cause you to sleep for several days because you have too much in your system also the nausea is way beyond ridiculous . I tried to ask them today why if it was going into my spinal fluid why I was having those kind of symptoms and the only answer they could give me is it happens . I also found out that you get Bonuses which means that in my case they gave me 5 to start with and it’s normally only two but they’re trying to give me the extra boluses until my pain pump is at your desired level they also told me that you can be locked out of getting more bonuses if you use too many or too little so it’s just a matter of tweaking everything so boluses are every four hours for me I can have five in a 24 hour period with a bolus you have a remote where are you push the button that says RX you put that remote next to your battery and it will release a bolus which will give you an extra pain meds does for three minutes . So I received my pain pump five weeks ago and trust me it has been up and down it is a matter of tweaking your personal levels but one thing I rejoiced about today as I went into Goodwill and I was able to walk about 15 to 20 minutes without pain six weeks ago that would’ve never happened if I stood up for more than five minutes I would be in severe pain so I called today and win win . Hope this helps someone .
Swingline6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote