View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 07:46 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I saw the PA-C today. He has no idea what is wrong, He says I look like a robot. I say I am more like a stretch amrstong toy. I can't shrug/lift left shoulder. Cant lift left or right arm above 90 degrees without a lot of struggle and pain. Can't turn head to the right. Both shoulders hurt any time I move them. Turning left goes further but tilting down to shoulder is not much better.

I think I should have gone with the original surgeon wanting to do a 4 level ACDF using autograph packed cages and a titanium plate across the front. This surgery scared me so I got a second opinion. This surgeon did not beloved only C5-C7 was necessary and used these PEEK devices with two screws that go in between the vertebra eliminating the front plate. I belive this is where my problems got worse. After surgery I was in terrible pain every day. Stabbing like pain on right side of my head, pressure at base of my skull, neck and shoulder pain,could not sleep. It was a nightmare and could not take the pain pills. I could not do or was even asked to do any PT until 7 months later.

At the one year mark I got a CT scan which showed the the C6/C7 fusion failed. I then had a different surgeon go in through the back of my neck and fix it with rods and screws. Now I have new issues and they can't seem to figure it out. I have to get another MRI, X-rays and a nerve test. EGM test.
plower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote