View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 06:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation MG, immunosuppressant and Covid-19 experience.

Hi, I’m Carlos. I’m new to this community and just want to share my recent experience with Covid-19 vaccine. I was diagnosed with MG in 2003 and under treatment since. Back in February this year I had my annual Gammaglobulin infusion and because I was about to receive the first shot of the vaccine I decided on my own to pause the immunosuppressant therapy to make sure; at least in my mind, that the immunosuppressant would not interfere with the vaccine efficacy. Also thought that I was covered with my Gamma recent treatment. So, early March, I had my first shot and that same day I felt a little weak and a little short of breath but thought it was the stress and anxiety of the moment. Within a couple of days I had an exacerbation on MG symptoms especially my eyes with diplopia and eyelids dropped almost completely most of the days. I started a pack of Methylprednisolone that eventually alleviated the symptoms. Bottom line, pausing the immunosuppressant therapy was not the best idea. I’m waiting for the second shot in a few days, prepared with another pack of prednisone and restarted the immunosuppressant.
Davidgonza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote