View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 01:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyt View Post
After having many blood tests all showing normal my Neurologist has got me to get an MRI of brain and spine. This is to rule out MS. I’m having this done in a couple of weeks and visit to Neurologist May 20. He is confident that I have not got MS but also says that important to rule it out as part of my ongoing dealing with my sensory neuropathy it’s crucial to stop looking for cause if none has been identified. The brain works in mysterious ways and if I focus too much on my condition it seems to exacerbate the neuropathy. I have noticed that when I am otherwise occupied I do not seems to notice it. The only aspect of it is that when I do heavy exercise my legs feel very heavy. So for the time being I am going to focus on the other parts of my life and meditation. If after my MRI I find out it is not MS I will get on with my life. If it is MS then I’ll deal with that then.
Appreciate any thoughts. In case you have not read my earlier stuff, I have neuropathy in my feet which has not progressed in 6 months. But I have sensory neuropathy which started 6 months ago and progressed to most of my body.
suzyt,
I hope that the medical tests you're undergoing can shed some light on the cause of your PN, and that they can offer some sort of remedy. My tests all came back negative, with an overall diagnosis of "idiopathic".

Keep moving! Keep meditating! Your best bet is keeping your positive attitude and focusing on the good in your life.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (04-10-2021)