View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 01:03 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
It's difficult to really know what to suggest I'm sorry and you're right in that it could be related to her blood sugar (or her blood pressure if that's high?).

If you have any Epsom Salts, try having her soak her foot in a bath or bucket of warm water and the salts.

I would be worried if she's been lying down for a very long time (days)and not getting up and moving around. How much is she actually moving around all day and what is stopping her from walking more, is it pain or something else?
She tries to be more active. She does. But it's probably not enough. She used to practice walking up the stairs, but we haven't done that in a few days. She does walk every now and then, but most of the time it's just to go to the bathroom or make things in the kitchen. I've been slacking on getting her to walk, so the blame there is on me. I've just been so demotivated recently, but I can't let things like this happen again, not to my mom. She is obese, probably morbidly so. Or close. And the glucose levels of the results, when we got them, were at least 2 weeks old-- and it'd been almost 2 more weeks or so since we even heard about that. She might have type 2 diabetes by now, or be a lot closer-- we didn't really start trying our hardest to eat healthy until maybe very late march/early april. I think one of our friends, the same one that recommended tropicana juice to help keep her blood sugar in check (one of her friends has diabetes and they drink that, the friend says), sent a box w/ some salts that help with that I think. Lavender-scented, I know that much for sure, but I also know they do something else for her body. We haven't used them yet, though.

Her swelling is definitely going down. Slowly, but it is. I checked again, about maybe 45 minutes later or so. It doesn't feel much better than before, but it does. It's probably because she's technically still on a fluid restriction and she can't have more water, which probably made the swelling go down faster earlier on. That and the little walk she did. Doc is calling tomorrow so we can discuss that very fluid restriction, though. We'll tell her everything that happened tonight.

We checked her blood pressure, too, with the little wrist thing we got. Apparently it's lower than it used to be, when we did the test. Mom's blood pressure is normally pretty high. It was 139/79 I think, or around that range. It might just be the food she ate. She had a little more water to take her pills, got up one last time (it was for a bathroom trip but still, a walk is a walk), and since then the swelling has continued to lessen. It's still noticeable, but its better than when it first started-- and when it went down the first time, maybe 1-2 hours ago. She hasn't been taking the magnesium yet, pills are too big but I'm also worried she doesn't need it, even if everything points to her needing it. I'm not a doctor, I can't just give her something that could end up making things worse. We WILL bring this up with her doctor tomorrow, though. I'm gonna collect as much info as I possibly can to relay to doc tomorrow. Her vit levels, if she needs magnesium/fish oil/any other vits, what her blood sugar is, all that.

Regardless, she didn't start eating super healthy until recently, and then we regressed some today. Veggie and gluten free or not, pizza is still pizza. And that fried chicken piece definitely didn't make matters better. There was no pain or shortness of breath with the swollen leg, we made sure of that. As best we could, at least. Her blood pressure is better than it usually is, too. Other than what she ate today, there doesn't seem to be other possibilities now that I've calmed down and thought about it a little more. Not that I...y'know, am a doctor and know what it is or how to accurately find out, but still. Either way, we're calling doc tomorrow, and getting what we need.

Last edited by SoulfulYin; 04-10-2021 at 04:02 AM.
SoulfulYin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (04-10-2021)