View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 01:37 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
You're doing just fine. Don't ever blame yourself for any of this.
Hopefully your mum can get moving around more. It's so important.

Get some epsom salts if you can when you shop next. Handy to have them on hand. They're very inexpensive and I find them so helpful. Just have to make sure that you don't use too much ... follow directions.

As I said get her to raise her leg higher than her heart for a while now. I'm hoping it's all good in the morning.

You take care there, hey? You've got a lot on your plate and you're such a great support for your mum.
Her leg's elevated on two big pillows, she's in bed for the night right now. It felt better now too after I felt it. I keep saying it, but it helps me cope: it's definitely getting less swollen. She took all her necessary medication-- gabapentin, took her b12, I'm refilling her daily medications right now for tomorrow, and we're looking forward to the call w/ doc tomorrow. I got a list with everything on it. Or all I can remember. I need to check the box on her dresser, I think that's the one with the epsom salts in it. Idk if it's actually epsom, or if it's bath salts, or even if there's a difference. But I'll check, both in the box and online just in case.

Thank you, Lara. Sincerely. Your words help this weary soul get by in his time of need... I'll do my best to care for myself, I can't imagine how much harder things would be for my mom without me. Frankly, I don't want to imagine.

I need to sleep soon so I'm not sleeping by daytime and can help my mom stay active, so I'll leave this as my last post for the night. But I truly, truly, truly appreciate your help. You and everyone else. This place has been an absolute godsend for me. I really don't know where we'd be without it. We're going to walk more, we're staying faaar far away from fried food and pizzas-- no matter how many veggies we put on it or how much gluten we take out of it, it doesn't seem to be helping (or at least it doesn't now, not after tonight). So we're going to increase our efforts in healthier dieting.

Thanks for your help, again. Truly!
SoulfulYin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (04-10-2021)