View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 06:04 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Update for today

So, mom's leg is still a liiiittle swollen, but it has been gradually de-swelling. She walked for 15 minutes today, that was a good workout. We talked about her going to my grandma's to get better help and move some of the stress off of me. Originally we both didn't want her to go, in my case it's because I'm going to be stressed no matter where she goes-- short-term care, assisted living, or grandma's. It could be a place where she'd get literally every single thing she needs to recover safely and with no incident, and I'd be beside myself stressed until she got home. That, and grandma's also already taking care of my great grandma. She might not have the time to remind my mom to take her gabapentin when she needs to, or to exercise or that stuff. That's what I'm worried about, really. I can't be there all the time. Well, I could, but I...I guess I wouldn't want to. I still have to take care of the cats. And I mean it'd probably be easier for me to just go there and visit the cats 2 times a day, but I'd have to do it early and late, since one of them has to take a pill every 12 hours. I also have to refill their water fountain frequently.

But today, we decided she should go. Grandma can cook better meals than I ever could, even if the meal she brought us last night was something mom shouldn't eat. Grandma also frequently has relatives coming over. The interaction would be nice for mom, I think. She needs that. They could also probably help her remember things she needs to do, since most of the time the relatives visit to help with my great grandma. I'm happier having her to talk to so I'm not alone in the house, but I think she needs it more than I do. Additionally, outside isn't barred by stairs that are difficult for mom to traverse. There's an outside patio both in the front and the back, she'd be able to get fresh air without having to go up or down any steps.

She wouldn't stay for long, 3-4 days she says would be the longest. I'd visit probably every day, likely just to make sure she's exercising and taking her medications. I don't know. It's just, this is all rough for me. I guess either way it's gonna be. I'm just really worried, especially now after last night, that grandma will cook her something she can't have. Knowing my grandma, I don't doubt the possibility, even though she takes care of great grandma practically 24/7, and great gram is a diabetic. Idk. I guess I just can't help but to worry about mom, even when she's in likely far better hands than mine. Well, that and I hated being alone while she was in the hospital. This was even when we thought it would be as simple as them correcting her hyponatremia, and then her coming home completely fine.

We also just discussed a diet plan-- I don't know why we took so long to figure that out. Mom said they were going to call her and have her talk to a nutritionist sometime, but that never happened. So i guess now we have to take initiative here. On that topic, doc didn't call today. Mom must've been wrong when she said she'd call us on saturday about the results. Maybe they meant Monday, or something. She seemed pretty sure that doc was calling today until she didn't, then she said "maybe I remembered wrong" or something along those lines. Idk. Either way, it's aggravating. Idk what she can and can't have anymore. We could be 1 more meal from a rush to the ER, and we don't even know it.

Tonight we're having shrimp, potatoes and chicken baked in the oven. Mom's getting Mrs Dash seasoning substitutes to try, and the "I can't believe it's not butter" type of spread, just in case regular butter is a no-go. I'm going to make sure she doesn't put any salt on her food, but is pepper okay?
SoulfulYin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote