View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 10:12 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomar View Post
You might look into the Dash Diet.
I have heard about it-- we're already using Dash seasonings with our food. I just hope mom's leg doesn't swell up again. I want to get this entire plan thing under way, I'm getting an app both on my phone and on hers to help her keep up with what she eats. But the problem is I don't even know what she needs. We haven't been recommended to a nutritionist so we have to just do everything on our own right now, at least until Monday-- but she won't be here Monday. I guess I can go visit her, though.

Well, I say that, but it already did a little, I think. She did have dill pickle chips, but only like 5-6 of them she said, and the full serving (which is ~20 chips) only has 180mg of sodium. Her leg started bloating a little again. I don't think it was as bad as it was last night, but this is still worrying. Although now that I've done a little checking her pills, she did seem to forget to take her amlodipine pill. The one for her blood pressure. She just took it now, so I guess we'll see if that helps. But still. I don't like this. The food we're eating has sodium too-- the oven-baked chicken, some shrimp, broccoli and some baked potatoes. what if it gets worse? What if she needs to go to the ER? Ugh, this is so stressful. She tells me not to worry, but it's not like I can just ignore this. I'm her caretaker.

Either way, she's eating the baked chicken with the Dash seasoning, some broccoli and a bit of shrimp seasoned with Dash too. Hope this helps. She also is drinking some water, within her restrictions at least. Maybe she doesn't need them anymore, though. Maybe that's why her leg is swelling. I know we walked today, too at about 4:50PM. 15 minutes.

Either way, I'm stressed, but she's going to my grandma's tomorrow. Maybe grandma will know what to do. I hope I'm just overreacting. I really do.
SoulfulYin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote