View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 09:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sounds like you're on the right track:)

I'm so sorry you all are going through this. I would first suggest you go to the Parkinson's caregiver site, as there is a wealth of Parkinson's caregiver information there, the site is only for caregivers of Parkinson's patients. It is myparkinsons.org, and you will find the discussion forum on the homepage menu.

Second, I would offer that it sounds like you are on the right track. One thing I have learned is that consistency is so very important in Parkinson's. The more constant an environment you can offer your dad, the better he will fare. He is confused and scared, as anyone would be after what he has endured, so give him the time he needs to get back to where he was, and hopefully he will be able to do that Exercise is critical, so once he is able, see if you can get him to exercise so that he can stay as mobile as he safely can.

Having said that, reality can be brutal and you need to plan for what to do in case your dad needs more help than he did before (either now or, hopefully, much later). Every family has their own approach for what works for them, but getting ideas from others can be extremely helpful, which is why I recommended the PD caregiver site. I would caution, though, that people tell it like it is there, which some find helpful but others find too distressing.

Keep in mind that you are doing a great job helping your dad, and if he were able, he would tell you how much he loves you and appreciates your helping him as you are
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
moondaughter (04-23-2021)