View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 10:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi toyL,
I have MS, not Parkinson's, and so am a bit out of my territory here but it sounds as if your regular neurologist may be still around even though retirement has been announced--?

If you can still make contact with him, I think you should make an appointment with him and tell him everything you've said here. You're owed an explanation for why your rx's are being handled in this way.

Hydrocodone has had a very bad press lately because it's addictive, and maybe the other docs are running scared and just refusing to prescribe it for someone who's been taking it as long as you have.

If a new doctor wants to wean you off of it, it should be done gradually as I understand it, with considerable attention to whatever drug is prescribed in its place, if one is prescribed.

That this isn't being done is something you definitely need to bring to their attention.

You deserve better treatment than you got. I hope you can speak up and find your way to a better neurologist.

You might want to try a different place for a neurologist if there is one. You mention that your regular neurologist is on a staff of over 50 neurologists. This particular practice may have become too big to be doing its job right.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote