View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 08:58 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

i have some similar symptoms. i am taking mainly carbidopa/levodopa which is generic sinemet. 150mg every 2-3 hours. i was diagnosed 19years ago. just recently i started to experience vertigo and my walking feels like i have rubbery legs at times, my bp also can unexpectedly go high. i expect it to go lower everytime i take sinemet because i'm taking quite a bit, so your wife's symptoms don't seem that extreme for the number of years she's had pd'. i couldn't tolerate amantadine or mirapex. there is nothing out of the ordinary as far as the drugs she is taking imho nor is there another one that she isn't takin the nonactive ingredients tat make me nauseg that would make a noticeable difference. my only advce would be to use mylan brand sinemet. at least for me it works better than the other generics, might cost you more but would be worth it if your wife felt better. i get all my pd drugs from an independent pharmacy, the chains won't go out of their way to supply a generic other than the cheapest one. i also noticed a difference between generic mirapexes when i took it. i started by chance with glenmark, the next fill was red colored and it made me sick. not saying your wife would benefit by trying a different generic but food for thought. i think it's the bindrers, coloring agents and fillers that might be the culprits. seful to know the strengths and times/day each drug is taken. i;d certainly investigate a dbs if you can afford it. i was approved and backed out, a decision i highly regret.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote